Associate Professor of Graphic Design
St. John’s University
The author of a number of books and articles, Sherin dives into the mysterious world of design research and publishing. She will give examples of what works and what doesn’t, while highlighting ways of making the writing process productive and enjoyable.
List of Selected Books by Aaris Sherin:
- Sustainable Thinking: Ethical Approaches to Design and Design Management (Fairchild/Bloomsbury 2013)
- Modernism Reimagined: The art and design of Elaine Lustig Cohen (RIT Press 2014).
- Design Elements: Using Images to Create Graphic Impact (Rockport, 2008)
- Design Elements: Color Fundamentals (Rockport, 2011)
- SustainAble: A Handbook of Materials and Applications for Graphic Designers and Their Clients (Rockport, 2008)
- GroveArt (Oxford University Press) as guest editor, Sherin oversaw the addition of over 30 entries on women designers