Design Incubation hosts six (6) colloquia per academic year. We welcome faculty and partner institutions nationally and internationally to host a colloquium.
Responsibilities of the host institution:
- Provide a room with a projector and Internet access, that can hold 20 or more people for a minimum of 3 hours. (Note: Saturdays have the best attendance.)
- Welcome/Promote the DI Colloquium event internally and/or regionally.
- Engage faculty and graduate students at the home institution and other local colleges to attend.
- Encourage them to submit abstracts for presentation, and/or to attend the event.
- Provide tea and coffee to participants.
Responsibilities of Design Incubation:
- Promote the colloquium via the DI mailing list and website.
- Process abstract submissions through blind peer review.
- Notify participants of their acceptance to present.
- Schedule the order of participant presentations.
- Provide program for the colloquium.
- Recognize faculty host, colloquium presenters and attendees on the website.
- Publish abstracts (and presentations when available) on the website.
How to apply to host a colloquium:
Email your name and institutional affiliation with proposed dates or time of year you would like to host to: email@example.com.